Winnipeg Police Service
The Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit (MIHRSOU), a joint forces unit of the RCMP and the Winnipeg Police Service, today provides information regarding Luigi Deangelis, 47.
Deangelis was released from Headingley Correctional Centre, on Wednesday, Aug. 13, 2014. Deangelis is expected to reside in Winnipeg.
Luigi Deangelis is a 47-year-old male with a lengthy criminal record for sexual assaults, criminal harassment, make indecent phone calls, commit an indecent act, breaches of a Long Term Supervision Order (LTSO) and other offences.
Deangelis was designated a Long Term Offender and a Long Term Supervision Order (LTSO) was imposed following a conviction for three counts of sexual assault, break enter and theft and possession of a weapon in 2003. Deangelis was most recently incarcerated for 14 months as he failed to comply with the conditions of his LTSO. Deangelis’ offences have involved attacks on adult female strangers.
Deangelis has participated in sex offender treatment programs. He is still considered a high risk to re-offend. All adult females are at risk of sexual violence. Deangelis will be required to abide by a Long Term Supervision Order when released from prison on Aug. 13, 2014. The LTSO conditions include but are not limited to:
• Not to attend any hotel, motel, or any other room rental facility, nor rent any premise, unless authorized, in advance, by his Parole Supervisor
• Not to enter establishments where the primary source of income is derived from the sale or consumption of alcohol, and not to attend any bar, hotel or strip-club
• Abstain from the use of alcohol
• Participate and complete sex offender treatment
• Report all female relationships to his Parole Supervisor
• Not to have or own a cellular phone without prior authorization of his Parole Supervisor
Community Notification Advisory Committee Notifications are displayed on the Manitoba Justice Sex Offender Website: www.gov.mb.ca/justice/notification
The Public is encouraged to visit the following information website: www.winnipeg.ca/police/TakeAction/sexual_assault_prev.stm
If you have any information regarding Deangelis, please call the Manitoba Integrated High Risk Sex Offender Unit at (204)984-1888. You may also contact the Winnipeg Police Service at (204)986-6222, your local RCMP Detachment, or Manitoba Crime Stoppers at (204)786-8477 or toll free at 1-800-222-8477.
This information is provided to enable members of the public to take suitable measures to protect themselves. Any form of vigilante activity or other unreasonable conduct directed at Mr. Deangelis will not be tolerated.