Pet Tips For Easter
WINNIPEG, MB. – This is my dog Hershey. I was talking to her Veterinarian the other day and he had some great advice for pet owners with Easter coming up this weekend.
Dr. Ron Worb from Anderson Animal Hospital in Winnipeg says chocolate can be deadly for dogs. It all depends on the size of your dog and how much and what kind of chocolate they have consumed. If your dog weighs 50 pounds and it has eaten a couple milk chocolate Easter treats, it’s probably not a big deal. But if your dog is smaller and it has eaten enough of say baker’s chocolate, there could be a problem. The darker the chocolate, the more dangerous for Fido.
I knew about the chocolate but I didn’t know this. Dr. Ron says Easter Lilies are highly toxic, especially for cats. They don’t need to ingest a lot before life-threatening kidney failure is very possible.
Hal Anderson, MyToba News