JENNIFER ASHLEY, MyToba.ca
With each new season comes a new opportunity to show off your style. But just because summer is here doesn’t mean you have to overhaul your entire wardrobe; a few simple changes can make the difference between boring and beautiful.
Here are seven easy swaps to update your summer wardrobe:
1. Swap out your oversized handbag, for a fashionable micro version.
Miniature handbags have been all over the runways this year, plus your shoulders will thank you for choosing to carry something lighter weight!
2. Swap out a delicate necklace, for a jewel encrusted statement bib.
Statement jewelry is a great conversation starter, and right now, the bigger the statement, the better!
3. Swap out a simple tee for a trendy cropped version.
Crop tops are a major trend this year, and they are more wearable than ever when paired with an on trend high-waisted skirt.
4. Swap out nude lipstick for a bright purple lip colour.
Radiant Orchid is the Pantone colour of the year and lipstick is a fun, no-commitment way to try the trend.
5. Swap out a Maxi skirt, for an ankle length midi skirt.
The swingy shape and modest length are perfect for dancing in!
6. Swap out your bikini, for a structured one-piece.
The swimsuit has been completely redesigned this year, with a focus on shapes that flatter women’s bodies. With strategically placed cutouts, paneling and boning, there is a one-piece to flatter every size and shape!
7. Swap out your oversized black sunglasses, for a chic pair of coloured reflective aviators.
The fun new coloured lenses in green and blue hues are perfect for summer.
Jennifer Ashley is the editor & stylist behind Pretty Little Details, a Winnipeg fashion and lifestyle blog. To see more styling tips, yummy recipes and fun DIY projects visit www.prettylittledetails.ca